Sunday 17 May 2015

Maturity needs space

As I wished my beloved aunt on her birthday today, I cast my mind back on my first birthday as the official AfriSwede precisely last week. Just comparing gifts received back in the day to gifts now is a major contrast. I suppose the older you get, the more space you need. Not to long ago in a galaxy known as the 7100, my birthday gifts used to consist of bottles and bottles and bottles of rum! Not much space was required to store these copious amounts of rum as they were hastily consumed just after being unwrapped. No space or storage was required because consumption was immediate and over real quick. Much like those combustion experiments we had in primary school. Good times and great memories, from what I can remember, with the beloved Lad Fraternity. 

At first I must admit, it felt weird and almost awkward not opening a gift wrapped bottle of rum or Jack but once I got into the swing of it, it was electrifying and incredible. All of a sudden I don't have enough space, bookshelves, and frames for all the gifts and memorabilia that was bestowed upon me. Do not get me wrong, as much as I loved the Lads gifts, I am truly thankful for all my new found presents. 

I don't think I've ever been this excited to get a Man Cave just so that I can show off and exhibit all these gifts. I can also now begin to comprehend why parents get so happy when their kids leave the nest because then they have more space for more stuff. Because you always need more stuff! 

With my gift collection slowly requiring its own closet, I can only begin to wonder when will I ever get that man cave. I've heard these man cave myths and fairy tales but thus far only "Terror Lekota" Jakobsen has acquired one of these esteemed holdings. I can tell you this much, the desire for that prestigious man cave is definitely pushing the hustle for a new job to greater lengths. Unless I want to share my man cave under the bridge with all the other homeless brothers, I need to hustle and GRIND for that illustrious premise. 

Isaacs still looking....

No comments:

Post a Comment